- K5 Freeport & Oil Centre is one of the main assets of the UAL Alliance. UAL – Universal Africa Lines – have been servicing the Oil & Gas industry for over 40 years.
- In 2001, having identified the demand for modern port facilities on the island of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea, UAL conceptualised, selected, purchased and began to develop a site on the Airport Road at Kilometer 5. With an abundance of suitable land available, and boasting good facilities, the site became the location of the company’s logistic centre – K5.
- Site clearance commenced 2002. Land was reclaimed from the sea to construct a new jetty – phase 1 was an over €100 million investment – roads and all required infrastructure were constructed.
- The need for an efficient Freeport and new Oil centre resulted in K5 Freeport & Oil Centre.
- 500’000 m2 of land have been developed and ongoing development on a further 200’000m2 is in process.